- KOB 4 | ABQ water polo instructor headed to Afghanistan to teach sport to women
- Newsletter: Women Break Ground with National Water Polo Team
- Athlete Spotlight: Ebrahim Rajabi
- Newsletters: January – March 2015
- Military Times | Marines help coach Afghanistan’s first water polo team
- GWsports.com | Men’s @GW_WaterPolo Alum Coaching in Afghanistan
- Village News | Piasecki to train the Afghanistan National Water Polo Team
Afghanistan National Water Polo Team
The National Water Polo Team includes athletes hailing from various regions in Afghanistan and all selected for their athletic talents and high character.
Starting with a base of young talent, the National Team trains and travels together internationally, gaining global experience and perspective they share with their fellow Afghans.
Why did you join the team?
“It was the first sport I ever loved and wanted to be a champion of. We don’t have a lot of swimming opportunities in Afghanistan—only mountains—so swimming is unusual and water polo is very special because it’s something not many people do. We don’t have many facilities for swimming and water polo, so being a champion would be even more special.”
Please check back soon for more athlete profiles.